Re: Review of CHASING DESTINY

>How big is his part in the flick?  I'm somewhat embarrassed to say I know
>nothing about it...

I'd say he's a co-star.  I'll have to look at the package again and see how
the credits are ordered.  This is an independent film that's pretty well
made, but doesn't fall into any really popular categories like, say, DARK
PRINCE does.  They didn't get any distributors for theatrical release, and
finally went direct to video.  I believe the movie was shot in 1999, and
Roger has done three movies since that came out before it--smaller parts,
though, as he got busy with The Who.

http://us.imdb.com/Details?0156976

Anyhow, it's the story of a gal that makes peace with her dying rock star
father, and just happens to meet a new love in the process.  Lauren Graham
and Casper Van Dien play the young kids, and Christopher Lloyd and Roger
Daltrey play the old rocker and his bass player (who's looking after him).
Christopher Lloyd it the biggest star--likely folks will remember him from
BACK TO THE FUTURE--and he does an excellent job, but isn't on camera much.
Graham and Van Dien get the most face time, but Roger's right up there.  His
costume reminds me of Arlo Guthrie, with long gray hair, pudgy belly and
wire-rimmed glasses.  Name is "Peoples"--cute little guy.

If anybody wants to check it out, it's easily available at Amazon.com (or
similar stores), but the VHS video is really expensive right now (standard
for initial release).  The DVD is reasonable, though.

keets