pete

the following is from pete's statement from his site courtesy of matt & pete.

The Who to play Central Park (Not)

After the following mischievous posting on one of the Who newsgroups about
the band's activities this year, which has caused a lot of fans to ask
questions,....

'I will not reveal a particular source.....other than Curbishley Mgmt. I
happen to know the Who will be having a very busy 2nd half of this year.
Roger has just wrapped a film he had commited to. Pete has been working hard
on the the new Who release. He and Roger are now working. John has a couple
of songs ready. Pete has around 40! Roger will be making contributions. It
will be chopped to 12 or so.... then recorded. The Who have aslo agreed to a
free show in NYC's Central Park in late summer. Rod Stewart and Eric Clapton
are said to be on board as well. Remember where you heard this first. The new
DVD is looking at an April 24th release date as well. HBO is said to be
involved in the NYC show. Buckle-up Who fans! Anyone who doubts my sources or
veracity.....I don't care! PS Solo Pete fans there WILL be a Scoop 3 as
well.... '

...we thought we ought to put the record straight. I passed the posting on to
Pete (the information in which certainly didn't come from anyone in the
management company) and he replied as follows:

"Roger has not 'wrapped' any film I know of. (By the way 'wrapped' means
finished shooting not 'scrapped' or postponed). He has been trying to make
sure he fills his time as usual, but I believe he is keeping the latter part
of the year open because he is planning to organise (produce) Teenage Cancer
Trust shows (which may or may not involve the Who at all).

I am not working hard on '....the Who release' at all. I have spent the first
6 weeks of the year going through piano pieces written between 1995 and 1999
and have so far finished 12. They are pseudo-classical-cum-jazz pieces. No
words. These are to help Helen (Spike) create a third Scoop with a similar
mix between demos, new songs, classical experiments (and just fun stuff) that
the first two albums presented. So far I have not discovered a single
'perfect' Who song in any of my trawlings through my old stuff or recent
stuff. I have some good songs though. If we abandon the 1971-1973 Who studio
process favoured by most hardline Who fans (myself included), maybe they
would work.

Roger and I are not working together yet. He has played me three really good
songs, but I don't feel they quite fit the current Who brief.

John has not played me or Roger any songs yet.

I do not have 40 songs ready. I have 1400 pieces of music, around 40 of which
are songs. But I am certain they will not work for The Who without a major
change in our musical direction (see above).

I know nothing of a free concert in Central Park and plan to take the entire
Summer off to go sailing, so I won't be there unless it is the charity gig to
change the world.....

Scoop 3 is not scheduled for release until it's finished. I'm working on it
again at the moment. November looks realistic I'm afraid.

Pete"

Don't Get Fooled Again! - Matt

 News