rock videos

>>A bit of wild speculation here: what if they made
>one of the summer's Manchester mp3?  Anybody think it would fly?

>I do.  But, it also would depend on how energetic the boys *look* on the
>vid. Realistically it would be a song like BO'R, or WGFA.  Ideally it would
>have a ton of windmills, a flurry of an ending, with Pete kicking over a
>mike or a monitor at completion. The anger and disdain must still show.

I've been watching the rock videos tonight, as opposed to pop or rap--this
kind above, in other words.  It was THE ROCK SHOW on VH1.  They finished up
with a new, arty, made for TV one, but the others were all from old live
performances.  A young Led Zeppelin doing "Kashmir," one of Rush, one of
Guns and Roses, etc.  Some of these were the straight performance, where I
guess they had good film, but the Guns and Roses one was interesting.

It was a collage, where it looked like they had excerpted anger and disdain
(the energetic kind) from several shows.  Somebody on O&S commented on The
Who's Grammy DVD promo, and said the editing is very contemporary--lots of
quick shifts and zooms.  The G&R video was edited that way, too, with
several quick still shots to make the transition between the live sequences.
  Seems like the song changed, too.  It started out fast and heavy and then
finished up more thoughtful, but I didn't catch how/if the sound was edited.

So, I'm thinking if early seventies Led Zeppelin is okay for THE ROCK SHOW,
then The Who oughta be, too.  It wouldn't be that hard to put together a
video collage and edit it for a contemporary effect.  The Manchester mp3 is
too long for this kind of video, though--they ran maybe three to five
minutes.  What would make good footage for a rock video?  Isle of Wight
excerpts?  Pontiac Join Together/Roadrunner/My Generation (my personal
favorite)?  Something else?

keets