RE: JodiPackaginginEurope

>From: "Karyn O'Connor" <koconnor@importproducts.com>
>Subject: extended Who family
>
>I went to see Dido last night here in Boston, MA and much to my surprise
and
>delight was Ms. Jodi Lin Scott on percussion. <snip> the bonus was watching
the
>roadies break down the set and load her gear into a black crate stamped
"The
>Who" (with the arrow shooting out of the "o", of course)!

Good for Jodi!  Keepin' in touch with her roots.
Wonder how she felt about missing the last Who tour.

>From: "Jeff House" <whocasa@hotmail.com>
>Subject: RE: Music Packaging
>
>What changes can you see in the live performance of music?  Quadorophenia
in
>Branson, Missouri?

Naaaa, they wouldn't get it.

>Donny Osmond as Jimmy on Broadway?

Only if he finally decides to give and take oral.

>Broadband access to The Who working in the studio?

Now you're workin' !

>Britney Spears interactive ass shaking?

Is it a touch screen??????? Or, maybe scratch and sniff. ;-)~

>Carlos Santana performs with Pete Townshend via a satellite link during the

>Super Bowl?

*That* would be a show, but not at the Slumber Bowl.  I'd love to see
Townshend and Clapton play together too.

>Keith Moon is cloned and resurrected using some hair saved by
>an obsessive groupie?

Hey, if Jesus Christ can be cloned via fluids from the Shroud of Taurin
(sp?), then why not???

>John Entwistle is cloned using saliva gathered from a  discarded cigarette
butt?

No comment.  Wonder if Bjorn ever smoked the rest??????

>The mind boggles.

Ummmmm......

Phewww.  Yes, it moves in mysterious ways. :-)

>From: MarkB89300@aol.com
>Subject: La Jolla Review
>
>Some memorable moments from the show(s)......a guy from the audience yelled

>out "it sucks getting old, doesn't it?..." as Pete put on his spectacles
>after the first 2 songs.  Pete commented briefly on aging and then called
the
>guy a "f**k".  Everyone laughed......Pete questioned why reporters say that

>his hairline is receding.  He says that it has receded, and then
>stopped.....A woman in the back kept yelling "I love you".  Pete said "I
love
>myself too".

I love these virtual reviews!  Great one!  I feel like I was actually there.
Thanks.

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: RE: Music Packaging
>
>He must have had good results with the Lifehouse packaging.  Plus, there
was
>a huge outcry from the bootleg community about no art for the Denver
>download.  Some of that must have gotten around to Pete.

I would imagine, but then again I hope he's considering the source.  If TED
is only looking to keep us older fans happy, then they're set.  I was very
happy with the Lifehouse art, etc. (except that the letters on the CD's
didn't add up, but who's counting ;). BUT, if they are looking to connect
with and spread into the youth culture, they need to re-evaluate.
Don't get me wrong, just because the younger generation is doing "it",
doesn't mean they are doing it right.  TED should influence them however
*they* feel is appropriate.  There is a clear message in packaging.
Packaging takes a bunch of thought too.

>Subject: Re: New Album !
>Like maybe they've got the songs done now?  Whoohooo.  Durn, we need those
>dates.  Gotta visit Europe this fall.

If indeed studio time will happen in September, then songs must be done, or
close to it.  If not, then only 2 months to get it together!
Ahhhhhh, Party at John's house in September!!!!!!!!
All eyes are on Europe this fall.
If it all happens, It's my hope that there will be coordination of shows,
and even area where we all get B&B's, etc.
Man, it could just be a WHOLE LOT of fun.
Schrade might even have to change his sig. to:  "SCHRADE In Europe" (not to
be confused with any National Lampoon movies about vacations, etc.).
:-)

Kevin in VT