Re: album mastering

><< Anybody have any idea why Pete (obviously) prefers to use
>  Astley >>
>
>Yes. Astley is Pete's ex-father-in-law. Also, another of Astley's
>daughters, Virginia, played some piano on "Chinese Eyes" if I remember
>right.

Brother-in-law, right?  The elder Astley has passed on.  This does explain
some of it.  Maybe Jon Astley does it for a favor, or maybe Pete would
rather pay family, or maybe Pete wants to keep it in the family so he won't
get supremely pissed when somebody else does it and it doesn't suit
him--maybe he can tell Astley what to do.

Still there are some very vocal complaints about Astley's methods and style,
and still Pete obviously prefers his work.  Therefore, it must be something
more that just a casual choice.  Reasons?

keets