Authorship of "Cobwebs and Strange"?

Here's an interesting note I got today:

Dear Brian,
As a regular reader of Who discussion groups and especially your pages
(it was I that told you the correct authorship of "Motoring" a coupla
years ago), I thought you may be interested in a little piece of info
and might want to include it in your Who Sell Out annotation for
"Cobwebs & Strange". The tune was lifted note for note from a title
called "Eastern Journey" by Tony Crombie from his LP soundtrack to the
UK TV series "Man From Interpol" released in 1962. I was amazed when I
heard it and have never seen it mentioned before. I work part-time in a
collectors' record shop (vinyl only) here in London England and the LP
just came in. Hope this is useful.
Cheers,
Paul