Re: Q: Rock is dead? A: Radiohead

>Sorry to disagree here. I saw Radiohead live a few weeks ago (I think it
>was the 4th of June), from like the 5th row center, and along with many
>others, I kinda dozed off... This isn't rock. This makes you fall asleep
>(hence the title "Amnesiac", I guess).
>--------------------------------
>I can't speak to their performance abilities and I will agree that
they are nearly not rock.  It makes me think of keets' assertion that WAY
isn't rock.  Radiohead's most recent discs are awesome.  They are trying to
leave rock behind.

I think Pete called them "monumentally talented."  Definitely they're
something different, and I think they have some radical ideas about music.

And you're right, I don't think this is quite rock music, either.  That's
where you'll find it at the cd store, but this is a synthesis that's
unclassifiable.  You can hear elements of folk and country and techno, but
the rhythms are complex and intellectual so I think the effect you get is
something like jazz, which a cool medium.  That's why Bjorn thinks it's
boring.  Anybody think they're influenced by Depeche Mode?

keets