passion

I've been thinking about what the guy said this morning about passion, and
about how well that fits The Who.  That IS why they've lasted as a serious
band when some others haven't--their passion has lasted.  Regardless of how
ironic and how much fun the music might be (or not), the passion is still
there underneath, and the fans can feel it.  Is that what good music is all
about?

Another thing I'm thinking about is the sudden reversal in Pete's fortunes
just lately.  His last two solo albums apparently tanked miserably.  IRON
MAN might have been a bad concept, but PSYCHODERELICT wasn't.  It was full
of brilliance and passion, but still it didn't sell.  So now Pete says that
Eelpie turned over seven figures in the first year it's been online.

What's the difference?  Is it Pete's personal involvement with fans through
the diaries, or is it his current involvement with The Who?  Or is it that
he can micromanage through Flash and Spud surveys to know how many cds to
make up for each offering?

keets