Re: Political Pete?: Is it Punk for a moment?

In article <008501c0f538$441870c0$6300a8c0@akrobiz.com>,
    "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>  writes:

> And don't forget, what was to be called New Wave didn't really
> evolve *from* Punk, it evolved *with* Punk.  Bands like Devo,
> the Go-Go's, Talking Heads, Siouxsie & the Banshees chiseled their
> own sound right along side the Punk bands.  Often sharing the same
> venues & stages.

Early Devo has a "punk" sound, but later they presaged techno and other
forms that sounded nothing like "punk".  The others definately were never
punk.  I remember seeing Talking Heads on Saturday Night Live playing
"Take Me To The River" and David Burn looked like a computer geek with no
fashion sense :-), which was really quite refreshing.
--
Direct3D Book <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/>
         Home <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/>