Re: Who fan suffers at hands of puritan yankee

From: Rich <legalize@xmission.com>
Sheesh.  Instead of saying "hey, would you mind changing your wallpaper,
that one you've got is bothering me" they pull an anonymous snitch trick
and get the Stazi to come down on you.  You know, that was one of the
ways that totalitarianism survived for so long in Russia and China --
the entire system depended on people being anonymous snitches to rat out
their family, friends, neighbours, and coworkers.

The woman who shares my office with me at work grew up in China during
the cultural revolution.  The stories that she tells me just astonish me
over and over again and it really pisses me off when I see little "mini
cultural revolutions" being foisted on the workplace and elsewhere in US
society by the politically correct.
-------------------------

Rich,
It felt like PC McCarthyism to me.

I have been seething for two days now and the bosses told me to 'just forget
it'.  They would rather look the other way than be uncomfortable.

I did stand up a bit and said that forgetting it was not good enough.  I
wanted assurances that the complaintant had the opportunity to take a long,
hard look at the art in question so they could press their case further or
do the decent thing and apologize.

I don't expect anyone to do the right thing.  I expect further bullshit and
impersonalization.  People and organizations usually do not disappoint me.
I expect the worst.  At least I confronted the situation.

What do I do with this kind of unresolved rage?  Quad @ high volume, of
course.

Jeff