RE: Political Pete?: Is it Punk for a moment?

>Well I disagree. after the death of buddy holly, Ritchie Valens, big bopper
>in 59, until 62-64 when the stones, who, and Beatles emerged, there was not
>whole lot of talent out there. mostly teeny boppers with not a whole lot of
>substance.

>-scott p.

Well, there wasn't a lot of White (or European-American or what you will)
rock 'n' roll talent in the U.S. at that time. Surf music and doo-wop was
basically it. There was, however, a tremendous amount of Black (or
African-American) talent during this period from James Brown to Motown to
many others. Most of these acts form the launching pad for The Who. It's
where Maximum R'n'B came from.

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm