preview of tonight's JEB gig in Maine

http://entertainment.mainetoday.com/music/#band

The John Entwistle Band

8 p.m. Wednesday, June 6, The State Theatre, 609 Congress St., Portland

It's been 40 years since British Guitar Magazine's "Bass Player of the
Millennium" award-winner John Entwistle joined Roger Daltrey and Pete
Townsend to form The Who. Just this year the ageless bassist received a
Lifetime Achievement Grammy Award with his fellow Who bandmates. Before
taking off this summer on the "A Walk Down Abbey Road: A Tribute to the
Beatles" tour with Ann Wilson of Heart, Todd Rundgren and Alan Parsons,
The John Entwistle Band will perform Wednesday at the State on one of the
last "2001: A Bass Odyssey" dates, playing many of The Who's greatest
hits. Tickets are $18.50 in advance and $19.50 the day of the show,
available at all Ticketmaster outlets and the State Theatre box office or
by calling 775-3331.

— by Elizabeth Brogan

***There is a joke here, for me and me alone.  Leave it to a Mainer to
misspell at least one name, one word and omit Keith Moon from The Who.
<snicker>

Last night I was telling my date that I was heading up to Vermont for the
first time.  He's a lifelong yankee who warned me: "Be careful what you
eat, Jeff.  You know they eat road kill up there."  :-)

Jeff