Re: Daily Telegraph interview with Pete 02.06.01

I thought you had read it, from your comments.  I was just thinking
some other folks might want to look for it.

It was quite a subversive book, though Kuhn seems to have blundered
into the controversy quite unaware.  As John H. demonstrated, the ideas
still have a lot of power to annoy the scientific community.

As I recall, Kuhn suggests the conclusion that one should avoid
investing completely in a particular tradition, because the next genius
might be right around the corner.  Which brings us back to rock music.

I'll follow with a post I made to another list in response to Brian's
comments.  I think The Who departed from the rock music genre with the
album WHO ARE YOU, and it was a good move.  It took their investment
out of a limited genre and opened up their opportunities.  You can tell
it was a considered move from interviews around that time where they
discussed the death of Moon and having the freedom to do whatever they
wanted.  It turned out to be too difficult to implement then, but with
the years in-between, they may have a better shot at it now.

LB