RE: degeneration of rock

> Unfortunately, I think much of it is just Pete's rationalization for not
> being able to continue his own creative output post-1973.  His ego is
> unmatched when it comes to discussing the stuff The Who recorded MG-Quad.
>  As with most generalizations, it just doesn't hold water IMO.
>
> Jeff

In what way do you mean? That rock continued into new areas after
Quadrophenia but Pete failed to keep up? That The Who did break new ground
after 1973 but Pete refuses to see it? The question, as always, is okay it's
1974 and you're in Pete's shoes. What do you do now? What do you do with The
Who that you haven't done before? Will the band let you do it? Will the fans
put up with it?

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm