The Who On Ice

> "It felt like the who on ice"-pete on the 1989 tour

Speaking of this, I was listening to some '89 WHO the other day.  It
was a cassette recording of the live radio broadcast of the Radio City
Music Hall show from that year.  My girlfriend at the time recorded it
for me as I was actually in NYC trying unsuccessfully to somehow worm
my way into the venue.

Anyway, compared to the recent 2000 tour, that '89 stuff blows.  No
surprise, I know, but one thing Pete said from the stage (in '89) jumped
out at me as an example of the pissy funk that Pete was in that year.

He said, "People keep telling me to smile.  Smile.  I'm smiling on the inside."

Stark contrast to the 2000 tour where everyone was remarking, "Wow.
Pete's smiling."

Made me appreciate the 2000 tour *that* much more.

- SCHRADE in Akron