RS and stupidity

scott p "Does everyone hate rollingstone as much as me??? I mean ok a
critical review is fine but does rollingstone have to make an ass out of
themselves all the time?
How are the present day who a cover band? A cover band IMO is a band playing
someone else's songs in an inferior way...I think the who do a pretty good
job of rocking to songs that are 30 yrs. old and have been played 2000
times."

I don't hate Rolling Stone.  Like much of the mass media, you get shit and
good stuff at the same time.  I like the Clapton interview in this issue and
RS does have some wonderful left-leaning political stuff.  The Tommy &
Pamela Lee and Robert Downey Jr stories in the last issue were pure poop.
Since RS is THE most-read rock mag, they are able to get interviews with the
big stars that other mags can't get.  If you are Clapton and you only want
to do one interview, who are you going to do it with?  MOJO?  I don't think
so.  The flipside is that they often have to resort to sensationalistic
tabloid trash to keep the reader's attention.

You've got to admit it, appearing on your own tribute album is pretty
strange.  Tribute albums are covers by definition.

Perhaps some of you might want to insult my intelligence for the above
comments.  Jon?

Jeff