Pete reference on Strummer CD

I've been listening to the new Joe Strummer and The Mescaleros disc this
morning.  Bjorn has already reviewed it, but I did notice one odd Who
reference on the last track "Minstrel Boy".

It is a pretty straightforward Anglo-folk instrumental with Joe tossing out
random mutterings along the way.  One of his mutters says "This is about
Pete Townshend" later "Sometimes you try to read things into the culture" (I
think)  What is that all about?  Any theories?

I like it.

Jeff