Re: Who Music for "Little Ears"

Very funny stuff with the kiddies and Who...

When my nephew was a toddling, tornadoing, two yr old, I made a deal with my
gearhead brother:  He would fix the brakes on my car if I watched the little
beast while he did so.  Great deal says I, so I figure I'll give the little
bugger some crayons to mess with for the next three hours or so.  Wrong.
Once my brother began work on my car in his garage, my nephew grew horns,
spun his head around in a 360 degree whirl, levatated; the whole deal.  I
couldn't control him unless I duct taped him to the wall.  He was howling,
knocking stuff over, spewing green pea soup and hurling obscene insults in
Latin.  Defeated and terrified, I locked the kid in the refrigerator and
went out to talk to my brother.

"He's out of control!!!"  I cried.  Casually, my brother dropped his tools
and said, "Watch this..."

We went back into the house and he sat the little monster in front of the
TV.  The kid had no intention of sitting still for the TV, so he howled and
ran off down the hall.  My brother slid a tape into the VCR, and turned up
the volume, almost as if sending a bird call.  Suddenly, Tommy Smothers
appeared and began introducing the Who.  As the boys started into My Gen,
magically my little nephew quietly slipped back in front of the TV and
watched...  For the next couple of hours or so, he sat slackjawed and
motionless as "The Kids" film played.  The kid didn't budge until the movie
ended.  This was before he could talk clearly yet and one of his most
prolific ways of talking was singing Barbara Ann from the film until he was
older and could speak more.  True story.

Another little side note...  I have a good friend who had a three year old
nephew that knew all of the words to Happy Jack too.  He'd do to whole song
from start to finish from his memory.  And if you played it for him, you
would be treated to a nice little dance/singalong too.

Peace...

Jim in Colo Springs

"...play the fucking number Townshend!!!"  KJM