Life On The Road

A quick report on the final Walk Down Abbey Road show.

I was happy to be joined by fellow Who fan Shanon Dell for the show. It's
always a pleasure to personally meet another person who "understands."
Unfortunately our time was limited, but he went to the Baba Center Sunday
for what I'm sure was a great experience.
We were late, having been misinformed about the starting time...so we walked
toward the venue John was playing My Wife. The other performers played their
songs, with fair skill...unfortunately the only Rundgren song we caught was
my least favorite, Bang On The Drum. One Ambrosia (love) song was sung TO
John, with the comment that they had kept it a secret the whole tour...and
"I always thought it was Pete." Interesting to see John in this unusually
jovial mood.
The Real Me and My Generation were definitely high points, although Shanon
tells me they're better performed by Entwistle's band alone. The Beatles
stuff was interesting, with Rundgren looning around the entire time. Me And
My Monkey was great, because John played the rhythm. However, most of the
time he was playing FAR below his skill.
And Jeff...Ann Wilson was in fine voice, but she shouldn't do the kick
move...it just doesn't work.

Hey, it was a nice night out. But if you didn't catch it, you didn't miss
much. It was great to meet Shanon, and hopefully we'll have a Whofest here
next summer.

"You saw the president yesterday. I thought he was very
  forward-leaning, as they say in diplomatic nuanced circles."
          George "my IQ is 91" Bush

               Cheers                 ML