Re: Quad's political correctness

At 14:41 26-7-01 -0400, you wrote:
>I would like to post a few quotes from Pete's pdf about the current status
>of Quad that I think relate to the whole question of lyric changing.
>
>"Joe produced a very striking and original dramatic treatment for the
>major part of the story. With a few clever strokes he solved many of the
>structural and dramatic problems of staging this work."
>
>"...we knew with absolute certainty that Joe’s ‘Cappuccino Kid’ version
>was going to work."
>
>"The workshop went very well. Joe suggested adding some Who standards to
>the concert scene (The Punk and The Godfather). Everything sounded
>terrific played by Rabbit, Simon and John O’Hara (who mainly banged away
>at bongoes and congas)."
>
>"With time pressing we met this week (July 2001) and looked at Joe’s new
>complete script. It is excellent. I am really excited now that we have a
>solid theatrical foundation for Quadrophenia. We have also stablished an
>intimate ­ yet powerful and moving ­ sonic framework for the music that -
>if necessary - will keep our production lean and mean and very
>cost-efficient and versatile."
>
>Keep the faith.

Oh yeah, I know I'll love it... I'll just have to wait... But what Pete
describes as great, I don't know if I would think it would be great. He's
being fond on musicals these days. He likes working on those projects...
MUSICALS!!! Rock is dead now Pete is doing musicals... :-)

Cheers,

Bjørn Ciggaar
http://www.warande.net/~ciggaar

"You're all fucking stupid!"