RE: Pete The Liar

>Interviewers have said they love
> interviewing Pete.

I met a guy who interviewed him in 1989. He said it was great. You could
turn on a tape recorder, ask a question and Pete would fill up your tape.

>we tend to forget or overlook Kit Lambert's
> ability to focus Pete's
> blurry erraticisms, & cement those "projects....in various states
> of completion"
> into manageable, artistic units.

Read "The Story Of Tommy" carefully and you can see how off the wall and
out-of-focus Pete's ideas about the plotline originally were, much more so
than the Rolling Stone interview would make it seem. Kit was the one who
really made that story cohere as much as it does.

>Did
> Pete, & The
> Who, lose something vital when Kit Lambert's role as "creative
> sounding-board"
> began to wane?

I sincerely believe that losing Kit was 100 times more damaging to The Who's
artistic momentum than Keith Moon's death.

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm