Re: Pete The Liar

>But as far as Pete being a person who "discusses possibilities like they're
>already true," he may do it on occassion (the '68 RS TOMMY interview) but
>for the most part I think Pete likes to deflate possibilities &
>speculation, often keeping them vague & indefinite.

Oops, missed this part.  This does seem true.  For one thing, Pete must have
noticed in '68 that people would steal his ideas if he talked about his
projects beforehand.  Plus, there's no use getting fans all in an uproar
about something that's only a possibility.  They tend to get irate even if
cds don't come out on the dates given.

Another interesting thing Pete said last spring was that talking about
projects affected the process.  This refers back to what Brian said, that
Pete talks about things to work through them.  Apparently he wants to be
careful that he says things that lead in a direction he wants to go.

keets