RE: To Trip, or not to trip..............

>I say no!  Here ye, Here ye!
>You can tell when someone is tripping.  Look at the drummer for Santana.
>His eyes are big round basketballs.  He's breathing heavily and erratically
>(even before playing), kind of like "woah, I'm tripping my balls off and I
>can't catch my breath". (ok, so he may be nervous, but.....) I wonder about
>Rog. He does seem to be licking his lips a bunch.  BUT, he tends to do this
>at other shows as well.  They just don't seem to be tripping to me.  No
>blank stares.  No looking around in amazement.  No slow movements of the
>head like "woah, what did you say? Hey, did you see that traiiiiil!"  "Look
>at all these god damn people out there!". John, you just can't tell.  He
>always looks the same. But Pete.  He looks straight.  Quick movements, with
>full control of his body.  Eyes aren't slow at all.  He seems sharp and 'In
>Tune'.
>
>Someone please prove me wrong.  :-)

The Who at Woodstock looks tired to me.  They're usually such a happy bunch,
but here the smiles are gone and they look serious as hell.  I've got one
still shot of Roger where he looks absolutely exhausted.
I agree that you can generally tell when they're not straight.  Roger at
Monterey looks pretty stoned; Pete at Tanglewood is definitely three sheets
to the wind, and there are a few shots of John where he's  got to be blind
drunk.  I had just thought most of their problems at Woodstock happened
before the show.

keets