Abbey Rd Show: I was there!

Jeff, Magik and Karyn,

I made it to the show. In fact, I had a front row
seat! ...Which I purchased online at the Ticketmaster
website at about 3:30pm... Anyway, I really looked for
you guys. I didn't get to Jimbo's until 7, but I
walked around looking for Who shirts. No luck. So I
went into the theater and waited by the gates,
thinking that I'd recognize you. Seeing as I've never
met you before that wasn't the brightest...Oh well,
there will be more opportunities. Because, after last
night's show, I've become a new John Entwistle fan!

You know, I was not into going to this show, really.
Honestly, if it weren't for the couple sitting next to
me, I wouldn't have recognized Alan Parsons or Todd
Rundgren (who wasn't wearing underwear). And, I only
stayed for the first set. But, it was so fun. I
basically recognized all the songs. The band was
tight. I certainly never imagined myself seeing Ann
Wilson singing Crazy. That was a worthwhile
experience. And, John, of course, was so fucking cool.
What Who songs did we hear? My Wife, The Real Me and
My Generation. It was awesome to see him play up close
and personal. He also smirks a lot, rolls his eyes and
talks to band mates. He wears high heels. I'm pretty
sure he picked up on the fact that I was a Who fan. He
looked at me and nodded "thank you" as they walked off
for the break. It was totally worth the $40.

Did you see me? I was dancing, one of the only people
standing up in the front--purple/white shirt, jeans,
blonde hair.

Inga

=====
“I do not know that it was music; it was more like watching violence put to rhythm. But unquestionably, it stood out as the most remarkable appearance in the entire second half, and I say this even though the Rolling Stones and the Beatles were to follow.” Excerpt from New Musical Express, 5/6/66.