Re: Funky Who

> music eventually became. The Stones' music often is influenced by black
> music, but this is not true for the Who from My Genereation onward.

Jon:

I have to disagree with you here. The Relay certainly has a funk, and funk
came from James Brown who as we all know from our reading (kids), Brown was
a (if not THE) influence for The Who. That songs comes a year before the
last innovative album they did. After Quad, they pretty much rehashed their
WN sound for two more albums.

"We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should.
  Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease."
    George "Talkin 'bout my favorite nations" Bush

               Cheers                 ML