Daltrey Interview w/ TV Guide Online

http://www.tvguide.com/newsgossip/insider/010710a.asp

Roger Daltrey: Father Figure?
Tuesday, July 10, 2001

Roger Daltrey didn't invent the term "Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll," but as
the lead singer of The Who — a band whose outrageous antics are the stuff of
rock legend — he certainly helped perpetuate the genre's outlandish image.
So it's a bit ironic to hear that he'll be playing, of all things, a man of
the cloth on tonight's episode of TNT's new supernatural series Witchblade.
Daltrey guest stars as Father Aloysha Petrosian, a Catholic priest who gets
caught in the crossfire over allegations that the Vatican and Nazis might
have been allies during WWII. "It's a little controversial," Daltrey tells
TV Guide Online. "There's quite a lot of evidence of their alleged knowledge
of what the Nazis were doing — and they didn't decry it. It's pretty
interesting."
Since making his big-screen debut as Tommy Walker — the deaf, dumb and blind
kid who defeated the Pinball Wizard (played by Elton John) in The Who's 1975
rock opera, Tommy — Daltrey has maintained an eclectic acting career to say
the least. In addition to television credits that include Rude Awakening and
Leprechauns, he's played dozens of offbeat roles, including a turn as the
Tin Man in a concert version of The Wizard of Oz. Later this year, he can be
seen opposite Nastassja Kinski and Nicolette Sheridan in .Com for Murder.
"Acting was always something to do when The Who weren't working," says
Daltrey. "For me, The Who are the main priority, but I do take acting very
seriously." When asked who gets better groupies, actors or rock stars, the
father of five laughingly replies, "Well, I don't go there anymore, but
actors do get to kiss some very beautiful actresses."  — Michael Moses with
Daniel R. Coleridge

Justin D. Trout
WhoBoots.com