Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V8 #179

TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

<< Ashcroft  >>
Affirmative action discriminates against white males. Fifty percent of
Americans are women who are covered with affirmative action and EOP laws.
About 13% of Americans are black and another 12% hispanic. I believe Asians
are about 7% of the American population.  All of these groups are included in
affirmative action laws. This means aobut one third of Americans are white
males. This is a MINORITY, so therefore affirmative action is discriminatory
towards white males. Anyone who disagrees with this must either be a black,
asian, american indian, a woman, or hispanic. A white male who stands up for
affirmative action is truly a pathetic person. They must either be a liberal
democrat who promatotes affirmative action only for his political self
interests, a manager or human resource representatitive who, by law, must
screw his white brethren for the sake of his own employment, or a university
professor, who like the politician wants to increase his status within the
politically correct environment of the college campus. I respect Ashcroft for
having the guts to see this without fear being ostracized.

In the book: The Who, The Farewell Tour, (1983), author Peter Goddard says,
"The Who are one of the whitest bands ever to play rock'n'roll." I know this
is a little besides the point, but all Mr. Goddard is saying is the Who had
an entirely different musical style from what they began doing and what their
music eventually became. The Stones' music often is influenced by black
music, but this is not true for the Who from My Genereation onward.  They are
the epitomy of "white rock." Long Live the Who!
          Jon, in LA