Re: Letter to the President of the USA etc. (no Who)

>Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 07:36:38 EDT
>From: PellegrinoLand@aol.com
>
>WHICH "DARK-SKINNED" PEOPLE ARE PROMOTING A HOLY WAR AGAINST AMERICA? WHERE
>IS YOUR EVIDENCE?

Sorry, I know how much fun it is to denounce racists, but I made the
mistake of assuming my remarks would be read in context.  The original
reference from Mr. The DOQ was "...the VIOLENCE & influence of 'Islamic
Gehad [sic]' against America." I assume you already know that "jihad" means
"holy war", so you either have a very short memory or are trying to make it
appear as though I'm taking a position which I'm not.  Without bothering to
go door-to-door, I'll go ahead and bet my dime now that comfortably over
half the Muslims prosecuting an anti-American jihad are non-white.

>WHAT COLOR WAS TIM MCVEIGH (ASSUMING YOU'VE HEARD OF HIM)?

Why yes I have, and thanks for asking.  He was white, and yet had not
declared a jihad against the gov't, thus neatly fortifying my point above.

>Ashcroft vigorously opposes any form of affirmative action

As an opponent of racism, I say: good.  I don't have time or space to go
into his other positions, but suffice it to say that when it's reported
that grown men advocate positions that entire classes of college freshmen
dismiss out of hand, something is being oversimplified somewhere, either in
the reportage or in the classroom.

>Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 12:26:08 -0400
>From: "Mark R. Leaman" <mleaman@sccoast.net>
>
>I want this info as well, should anyone have it. Hell, that's worth making a
>website for. Of course, that he's evil is a given...

Of course.  Why not just add "racist" to the list of knocks against him and
move on?

>Who gets to decide my morals anyway? Who's to say The Who aren't completely
>and utterly morally correct?

Moral relativism. If you feel that way, should you be jailed (or for that
matter, incur any penalties at all) if your morals tell you to murder
someone, and you do?  Feel free to take it offline.

Cheers,

Alan

"Never never hesitate, communicate, communicate..." --Pete Townshend