Re: Getting in to The Who

>Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 13:02:42 +0100
>From: "Christine" <boristhespider@home4017.freeserve.co.uk>
>
>How did everyone else here get into the Who??  I bet this question has been
>asked a million times before I joined the list, but I'm interested to know.

Aye I love telling this story! :-)  Well...in '96 I was nine and in the 4th grade, and I had just gotten back from the movies with some of my friends.  My dad wanted me to watch the premier of Rock 'n Roll Circus on
VH1, since he knew I liked some of the acts on there (John Lennon, The Stones, y'know, good wholesome stuff a nine-year-old should like).  Well, The Who came on, and I was just totally bowled over.  I loved it.
Immediately I went gaga for Keith, and a week later I went out and rented all of the videos I could, and bought one of their cds (Best of, My Generation) with what money I could scrape up.  That ALSO meant I watched
Quadrophenia for the first time...well...let's just say my mom freaked.  Ah well, she didn't stop me from staying a Who fan, so, I'm grateful enough.  My dad had tried to turn me on to The Who several times before,
first attempting when I was three.  He sat me down and explained the story of Tommy to me and played the album for me, but, since I was a wobbly three-year-old, I didn't get the interesting parts.  What was worse was
trying to watch the MOVIE when I was three and thinking Roger was Willy Wonka on crack!!!  Then my dad tried again when I was seven, but I was heavily into the Beatles then so I would have none of it.  Ah well.  I
love 'em now at least! :-)

Peace,
~Alex~