Re: Getting Into The WHO

>How did everyone else here get into the Who??  I bet this question has been
>asked a million times before I joined the list, but I'm interested to know.
>
>from Christine

   Well, like alot of us, it was '82. It was pretty hard not to notice them
that year! What with 3 videos (YBYB, DLGTC, & EF) in CONSTANT rotation, the
"farewell" tour and MANY interviews, how could ya NOT take notice! I was also
12 and impressionable at the time. My friend had TKAA and when I heard MG, I
thought "this is pretty good". THEN, when I heard YMB, THAT WAS IT!! That is
still one of my Top Ten songs of all-time. Not bad for a cover tune!
   Since then I've seen them a bunch of times, have every album on LP & CD
(including ALL solo albums), own every video, and have picked up many boots!
   And now almost 20 years later (how time flies!) they are still tied with
RUSH (another group I got into in '82) as my favorite band!
         Keith