Re: Into the Who

> From: nagyc@juno.com
> Subject: Re: Getting into the Who
>
> It was probably back around 1980 when I was ten years old and saw "The
> Kids Are Alright" on television.  Up to that point in my life I knew of a
> few of their songs (Who Are You was on the radio a lot),  but never heard
> them live or even saw what they looked like.

Pretty much the same for me, at about the same time. I remember hearing them on the radio a lot as a kid, then TKAA on TV -- I remember BEGGING my folks to let me go to one of the "farewell concerts" in '82, but I
was a 14 year old rather naive girl, so they weren't going to let me loose in a Who crowd! (although they were ok with me seeing Duran Duran the following year!)  But my dad bought the pay-per-view broadcast of
their final '82 show and watched it with me - we both loved it! (the video tape is long gone now...)  Although I didn't have many of their albums (just Who's Next and Greatest Hits) I loved them.  I kept up with
Pete's work, but didn't get full into the Who again until the mid-90's when I decided to replace my LPs to CD, and just was thrilled at listening to the 'orrible 'ooo again - and haven't turned back.

-Knick