Re: today Vrs yesterdays

At 07:53 4-7-01 +0000, DOQ wrote:
>As a musical Producer in So. Utah, haveing grown up in the 60's, I'm
>so very disapointed in the directions the overall music industry has taken
>in recent years. I'm extremely frustrated in knowing that there is very
>little real talent in the ART of poetic writeing, & all about given up in
>looking for something, or someone to INVEST in.
>I sent an E-Mail to an old friend at MCA yesterday telling him about a
>letter to the President of the USA, George Bush. The jist of it was
>something like this:
>
>   "Mr. President,
>
>      I sincerely have to express my feelings concerning the musician
> called:'Busta Rhymes', & many others like him in the feild of "RAP".
>      I belive that an ACT OF WAR is being perpitrated upon our Youth in
> this country within the Lyrical content of said musicians music, in
>the form of CONSPIRACY to insight MORAL INDECENCY by promoteing
>the VIOLENCE & influence of 'Islamic Gehad' aginst America.
>      THIS MUST STOP."
>
>      (to paraphraze myself a bit)
>
>    I'm not going to allow MY Childeren to be missled with CRAP like that,
> & end up hurting themselves or someone else with the nonsence of
>anarchy & violence. BUT, DEAR FRIENDS, I WILL gladly share with them
>the inlightening paths of bands like "THE WHO", & many, many others....
>
>      Any comments??

Are you talking about your generation or my generation? I kinda think The
Who where as rebelious in the 60's as Busta is now. Songs about
masturbation and that nearly had the word f-f-f-f-fuck in it weren't that
accepted. And I don't think many parents in the 60's saw The Who as art
(they more saw it like 'HORRIBLE NOISE'). I believe Pete Townshend himself
even said they where just making a lot of noise on stage on the 60's and
that it wasn't really music, just noise. And the kids loved it. :-) And
nowadays it's 'art'. :-) (kinda like Van Gogh's paintings, nobody liked
them when he was alive) :-)

It's not the music that's raising 'our children'. It's the parents.

But I think George Bush won't see that and he will agree with you.

Cheers,

Bjørn Ciggaar
http://www.warande.net/~ciggaar

"You're all fucking stupid!"