Re: moon movie

>wasnt daltrey writing his own script b/c he wasnt happy about how the
>writers were writing about moon???

I hadn't heard that, only that he's rejected several scripts.  Pete did say
that Roger had done a lot of research for the movie, and kept coming up with
all these odd things they didn't know about Moon.  Do you recall where you
heard that?  Reliable source?

>he didnt want the who to have anything to do with it b/c he didnt like
>their version??

I think that was a competing movie that was in development.  Wasn't it  from
Dougal Butler's book FULL MOON, and produced by Robert DeNiro?  Roger seems
to have successfully blocked it by refusing permission to use his voice.
That means they'd have to re-record all the music with a different band.  I
believe they'd planned to use the British Who's Who tribute band.

Interestingly, I do think this is turning out to be another Who Thing, as
Pete and John have to be involved because of the music.  We've only seen the
very tip of a really big iceberg, I think.  I'm under the impression that
this was a very complicated deal to pull off, and Roger did some really
fancy footwork to get it this far.  Whofans are sort of looking forward to
it now, so I hope it doesn't get bogged down because of the script.

keets