Re: The Real Keith Moon

This may be right, but I do think bootlegging has something to do with how
much legitimate material is released and of what quality.  For one thing,
artists and their management have a perception that they can't compete well
with bootleggers.  There have been a few collectors on these lists who were
honest enough to say they'd buy a bootleg in preference to a legit copy
because they didn't like what was offered.  So then the independent
bootlegger gets the money and Pete doesn't, even though he's made the
investment for the band and the crew and the guitars and recording
equipment, and spent his time composing and rehearsing and performing.

Pete's apparently going to give The New World Order a try, but there are
already complaints about the lack of "quality" of the mp3s and the cds and
now the dvds.  Not only are people expecting him to give the music away for
less than his costs, but they expect only the highest quality.

keets