Re: Broadway Tommy

><<  He says in this interview that he thought
>  Broadway should adapt to TOMMY instead of the other way around.  What do
>you think?
>
>  keets >>
>The big problem with Tommy on Broadway was the singing style. The smaller
>problems were the new song and the ending. The singing was that horrible,
>broadway Sound Of Music kind of singing. I thought the visuals were amazing
>though. The only Who project that I think could work well on Broadway is
>Lifehouse. But only if I oversaw the singing!

I agree with you there.  I didn't see the show, but it put me off the
soundtrack right away.  I'm so used to Roger's RnR style that it was pretty
much annoying.  Maybe I should have played it a few more times, like Brian
says, and maybe it would have grown on me, but I couldn't really get far
enough to evaluate the new song and the ending because I didn't like the
sound.  You've definitely got my vote to oversee it!

There have been some other RnR style shows that made it on Broadway, haven't
there?  Any NYC Broadway fans here?  What was the one Pete liked so much
last year?

keets