The Who on Broadway conjecture

keets:  "There are still hints around that PSYCHODERELICT and QUAD might
be adapted for stage, and you get the
feeling Roger might be involved in the productions next time around."

I vaguely remember Pete suggesting (during the '96 tour maybe) that a
Quad production would be a good thing to find a permanent home for.
Somehow I pictured a theme park or Vegas show or maybe a Quad theater in
Branson, Missouri.  I guess London is more likely though.

PsychoDerelict is something I can see on stage.  I can envision that he
could find some collaboraters and financial backers.  Art about art seems
to be a theme that Hollywood likes.  For me that theme is usually hollow.
 I cannot relate to the trials and tribulations of an artist.  I am not
an artist.  I don't know any artists.

I can also see that putting such a thing together might be interesting
for Roger (especially Quad).  The biggest downside to The Who in the
theater (from a TED perspective) is that John would be left out.  I don't
think he has a dramatic bone in his body.

The biggest downside from my perspective is the thought that my precious
Quadrophenia would be reworked (ala the movie and Tommy-the musical) to
the point where the story is changed.  I picture Jimmy receiving his
salvation when he becomes a teen father.  Or he's killed in a riot and
his pregnant girlfriend has a boy named Tommy who has troubles with his
new stepfather...

Why can't they just write something new?  Oh yeah, Broadway would never
buy it.

Jeff

Here it comes -   political content.  Shield your eyes if you must.....

"The areas which he pointed out where we are in agreement, I thought were
very substantial."     Sen. Edward M Kennedy today, after meeting with
Pres GW

..there, that wasn't so bad.  Was it?