The Real Keith Moon

I was able to get a copy of the British T.V. special called The Real
Keith Moon.  It's not bad.

Someone on another list said it's not worth buying, but I disagree.
I judge these T.V. specials on how much new or unseen interview
footage is shown, & how much unseen or rare WHO footage (in-
cluding pictures) is shown.  The Real Keith Moon has quite a bit
of both.

Yes, it's the same old, sad Keith Moon story (a la VH-1's offering)
you've heard before.  Yes, it focuses more on his excesses than his
brilliance.  Yes, it contains errors.  But.....

It does contain new interviws with Dougal Butler, Chris Stamp,
Alice Cooper, Larry Hagman (!), & others.  There's film footage
shot by Herman's Hermits' bass player on that infamous 1967 tour,
a lot of footage of Moonie doing a drum solo on a '70s T.V. show
(clear drums, some containing water/fish), & also quite a few pic-
tures I hadn't seen before.  Even some WHO concert footage that
was new to me.

It's the same in tone as the VH-1 special but a bit different in it's
presentation.  The new & different interviews plus the unseen
pictures & footage made this VHS tape worthwhile for me.

- SCHRADE in Akron