A School Of Who or two

>The Live school member tends to find the albums a bit lackluster.  For
them,
>I think, it's the difference between hearing a recording of Dizzy Gillespie
>and seeing him tear up a song live.  For the Live school person, the live
>adaptation is pretty much everything.

Brian:

But you've got to have a "blueprint," or there's no way to see what was
adapted.
But as I thiught more about it, I realized that through Tommy the studio
music is almost all "live in the studio" anyway (Sell Out being the most
obvious exception), from the MG album (surely the closest any studio album
got to their live sound) to Pictures Of Lily. And Tommy, of course.

I was reading Tony Fletcher's book Moon yesterday, and suddenly came across
a sentence that interested me greatly considering our recent thread about
Punk:

(Re: Anyway Anyhow Anywhere): "All in all, it was a deeply wounding slice of
aggression that in later generations would have been called Punk Rock."

As far as I can tell so far, this author and I see eye to eye concerning The
Who's place in music. This is a great book, although sad considering we know
how it ends.

         "I am mindful of the difference between the executive branch
             and the legislative branch. I assured all four of these leaders
                that I know the difference, and that difference is they pass
the
                    laws and I execute them."
                 George "Ground control to Prez Duh-Bya" Bush

                   Cheers                             ML