old school Who and Bush

Mark and Keets wrote:

<<
 Bushism: "He delegates." translation: "He doesn't lead."

Actually boys, if you ever took classes in business, or spent any time in the
military as an officer, this is how you do things in the corporate world and
in the military for that matter.  The commander/boss/president sets the tone
and his subordinates carry out that tone to the best of their abilities.  No
commander/boss/president can do everything.  Ever wonder why when military
officers retire they get scooped up by the corporate world?  Because the
envrionments are similar in terms of leadership and delegation of authority.

I can fill this page with historical events of commanders/bosses and
presidents that had this sort of style that were quite successful, starting
with one of my heroes Gen. George Patton - or better yet, read "Eisenhower's
Lieutenants" by Russell Weigley.

Bush has a MBA in business - he is doing what he was trained to do.  Far
better than the fucking lawyers we have had so far in terms of doing things I
think!  (with no apologies to lawyers ever forthcoming!  Note to Greg:  write
congressman asking him to submit a bill banning lawyers from ever holding
elective office!).

Please understand - I vote Libertarian and not Republican.  Bush is running
things so far as I would do if I were in his shoes.  The military calls it
"the commander's intent."  Even Clinton managed to figure that one out.  I
run my own business this way - tell my people what I need done, how it needs
to be done and when I want it done.  The rest is up to them.  I am still the
leader even if I don't do it all myself.

 > "Daddy, Prime Minister Cheney, General Powell, General Electric,
 > Microsoft, Enron, AOL Time Warner, RJ Reynolds, Smith & Wesson, Charlton
 > Heston, Exxon, Merck, CitiGroup, Reverend Ashcroft and I will lead."

Well - every president has had advisors and a cabinet - so picking on Bush
for having his is pointless and pathetic.  I can also fill this page with
Clinton advisors that I had a very hard time with, starting with his fraud
wife and then moving to Jesse Jackson ("Mr. President, you should not be
having sex outside of a loving marriage - only I can do that and get away
with it!"), to Janet Reno, and go on from there if you wish to play this game.

As for the above, I don't do Exxon (the worst oil company there is in terms
of several things) or Smith & Wesson (because they rolled over to Clinton on
guns - I am buying either Ruger or Baretta when I get pistols this year for
me and my wife - to go along with the other firearms we own, since we are
hoping Ohio will pass the conceal/carry law this year), or John Ashcroft (but
for Libertarian reasons due to his support of drug check/detainment zones on
public roads - which violates the 4th Amendment), or the NRA (I have joined
Gun Owners Of America though to protect my 2nd Amendment rights).  On the
plus side, Microsoft has done more for this nation's economy than the Federal
government has in the entire 20th Century!

But, to be fair (and how liberals love that word!) - Clinton had for advisors
the Red Chinese ("give us Most Favored Nation status - or we sing like
canaries about your technology "transfers" to us that we are using for our
military, oooppss, I mean peaceful industrial purposes, that your own
military and advisors spoke out against"); one of the worst cabinets I have
ever seen (even George Stephanopolous admitted recently they were pretty
clueless at the start - and who were also gutless when Clinton lied to them
about his affair with Monica and had them go all over defending him, then had
to face them when the blue dress turned up - I would have told him to "stick
it" after that - but then again I have honor); Jesse and Al (Sharpton); and
many others who, now that Bill has "retired", he can go visit in prison. Oh,
I forgot, he pardoned a lot of them.

By the way Bill, pretty classless departure from Washington on Saturday.  I
did not know that civilians get to review the troops (especially those that
you shit on for 8 years!).  All your predecessors just waved, got on a plane
and left without a speech or reviewing anything.  Since I am also a civilian,
and at least respect the military a great deal, can I also get to review some
troops?

As for the Who schools -  I subscribe to all three for various reasons.

Greg Biggs