Re: 2 quotes out of context is good for me

>The 2nd quote is equally interesting, if you assume he is talking about
>TED.  One of the reasons that was given for the 2000 tour was to generate
>cash that could be invested in further creative projects.  Now it seems
>that additional capital is available.  I will go even further and assume
>that he aware that capital is available because he has concrete, pitchable
>projects that he/they are seeking investors to support.
>
>Happy thoughts even if they are built on wishful thinking and hefty
>assumptions.

I like them, too.

This looks like an opportunity to expand The Who brand, as Pete called it a
while back.  I think they have two movies in work right now, one on Keith
and one that might be Pete's autobiography.  As much as some Who fans
dislike the Broadway idea, this is likely to generate funding for Quad and
Psychoderelict musical adaptations and maybe others, as well.  Lifehouse?
The play would need some adaptation and (I think) more cynical music to
match the mood, but likely it would fly.  Successful musicals might give us
the opportunity for Quad and Psychoderelict DVD sales, too.

Also, the favorable attention and all the awards likely opens up
opportunities for TED to collaborate with other artists.  They seem to have
struck up very nice relationships with classical and jazz artists in the
last few years that might result in successful crossover albums.  Couldn't
hurt, eh?  Bring in a few new fans?  Everybody focuses on Pete as the main
composer, but I could see John doing some crossover work, as well; and of
course, Roger always seems open to it.

I'm also wondering if they're about to start financing their own cds and
dvds.  Pete does seem to be doing this for his own releases, at least.
Interesting times ahead for all of Whodom.  :)

keets