Re: Old School Who;

> > #3 The Live School - The Live School really doesn't care that much for
the
> > songs or Pete Townshend's contribution as a writer.  For them, The Who
are
> > all about the live performances.
>
> Well, now I don't know. I was firmly in the second catagory until you
wrote
> this. I DO care (a lot) about the songs, particularly how well the lyrics
> work with the structure of the song. But I also love the way the band has
> adapt the song to work live.

The Live school member tends to find the albums a bit lackluster.  For them,
I think, it's the difference between hearing a recording of Dizzy Gillespie
and seeing him tear up a song live.  For the Live school person, the live
adaptation is pretty much everything.

-Brian in Atlanta
 The Who This Month!
 Go to: http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm