Re: Weak link in Quad???

At 01:53 17-1-01 -0700, Justin wrote:
>And of course some live versions make good songs sound band, and vice
>versa.  But stricly on the official album release, that's my vote for the
>worst song.  We are talking about the album itself, yes people?  Becuase
>if we're including any live performances at all, that would certainly
>change things...

The way I meant it is that a song doesn't quite catch you until you've
heard it either live or as a different version. And then you start to
appreciate the original more. There are plenty of songs I didn't quite
liked before that I liked after hearing a different version (it sets a tune
of some sort). Like John's "Love Is A Heart Attack". I didn't quite like it
before, but when I heard it live I loved it, and really started to *LISTEN*
to it...
And ofcourse, if you really *LISTEN* to Quadrophenia, you won't find any
weak tracks, because they're all strong in their own way (you just gotta
listen and hear it)... Just my opinion...

Cheers,

Bjørn Ciggaar
http://www.warande.net/~ciggaar

"You're all fucking stupid!"