RE: Cleveland Punk

>From: lee wallace <sprockethome@yahoo.com>
>Subject: WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE CLEVELAND CDR TREE?!?!?!?!?
>
>It has been WEEKS since I sent off for my copy of the
>Cleveland show for the CDR tree.
>  -LW

Yep, a popular question these days.
My Branch is also waiting, with blanks in hand.

>From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>
>Subject: Schrade's "Logic"
>
>News note:  Punk is dead!  After initially embracing it, the large monster
>that is called 'Rock & Roll' swallowed it up &, a few years later, shit it
out.

And a big "PLOP" was heard by all.

>You seem to equate today's piercings, hair color, & youthful anarchy with
>Punk.  That's wrong.
>- - SCHRADE in Akron

I see today's "attitude" as "Grunge" taken to the extreme.
I only rarely today see people who are punk.  Punk= Army boots, mo-hawks,
spike collars, or other expressions of total social rebellion.  But, it does
seem to be growing again from what I can see out on the streets (up here in
the trend setting, and on-the-edge scene of Burlington VT ;). I see "Goth"
as much closer to punk than piercings, and the sort.  Goth, at least is
saying, "we don't fit in, but we're here anyway!".
Limp Bizdick, and other such types are merely "anger bands" searching for
something to be angry about.  *That* seems to be a very "in" thing today.
If everyone's doing it, it ain't Punk.

COME ON CLEVELAND TREE!
Kevin in VT