Schrade's "Logic"

>>  However, jumping on a pseudo-punk-rock bandwagon 20 years after the
>>  fact isn't really 'punk,' is it?  Nothing's changed.  You got fooled again.

> IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO CAN
> a.MAKE ANY SENSE OF SCHRADE'S RESPONSE,
> b.SPLAIN IT TO THE REST OF US?

News note:  Punk is dead!  After initially embracing it, the large monster
that is called 'Rock & Roll' swallowed it up &, a few years later, shit it out.

You seem to equate today's piercings, hair color, & youthful anarchy with
Punk.  That's wrong.  Today's idiots with piercings & dyed hair are the same
idiots who would've despised the punks back in 1977.  Really, they're jocks.
Big, dumb, stupid, bandwagon-jumping jocks.

In 1977 it was a bit risky to pierce your nose or dye your hair.  Today, it
isn't.  These kids today are the *majority.*  They're not original thinkers.
They're just along for the ride, until it comes time to start making house pay-
ments.  Unfortunately, Punk only means something to a small minority of
kids today.  Nothing has changed.

>  > Schrade couldn't be more off on this. Punk has had an enormous impact on
>  > Rock/Pop music and Pop culture -- good and bad. To name a few - The
>  > Replacements, G&R, Limp Biz., Nirvana, M. Manson, all over commercials
> (just  like our heroes), Rage, Rancid, Speed-Metal, Hairstyles Clothes Piercings
> in  EVERY school in the country, and on.......... More to the point, try
> naming  (aside from Clem Burke) musicians who sound like they ever even heard Moon
> or the Ox? I wish it were otherwise, but that's reality.

I think I'm starting to see your point of view.  You're blaming Punk for the shit
music being heard today (& in the not-so-distant past).  You're mad because
more bands don't sound like The WHO.  I guess you think because these new
bands have dyed hair & piercings, they're emulating the Punk generation & ig-
noring the WHO's contribution to Rock music.

Well you're right on one account:  New bands *are* ignoring the WHO's con-
tribution to Rock.  However, you're wrong to think the bands you mentioned
have any affinity to Punk.  Guns & Roses?  Marilyn Manson?  Limp Bizcuit?
Those bands have *nothing* to with Punk.  Speed metal?  You think speed
metal grew from Punk?  How old are you?

Punk tried to demolish the conformity & blandness that you yourself can't stand.
Don't blame Punk.  Punk tried.  So did Rock back in the late '60s.  I guess for
whatever reason (piercings, dyed hair, sneering musicians), you see a Punk in-
fluence in today's shit music.  I don't.  I just see the shit.  It's got nothing to do
with Punk.  That's where I think you got fooled.  Somewhere along the line you
began to make an incorrect association.  Perhaps you read too many articles on
Nirvana written by overblown journalists desperate for some significance in their
writing.

- SCHRADE in Akron