to Grammy or not to Grammy? Ramones surely not to Grammy

Kevin O said  "Now, a question.  Was I the only one who let out a big
sigh of relief that The Who decided to decline the offer to *perform* at
the Grammy's ??????
The Grammy's don't fucking deserve to hear The Who live !!!!!
They wouldn't understand!
Plus, I simply cringe at the thought of The Who getting placed next to
Brittney, or Nsynch or any of those bubble gum "groups" for some plastic
photo shoot."

This kind of gets to the point I made yesterday about it working for me
that The Who aren't more popular or universally recognized.  Its kind of
like being a Libertarian or a Green - its easier to trash the big sellers
when you are looking in from the outside.

I think it would have been great for The Who to perform in front of one
of the largest TV audiences of the year.

Kevin O:  "Who do you see The Ramones as influencing?  I'm curious.  I've
never really thought about that.  I always
saw them as "late for the party".

I know you asked ML, but I'll take a stab at this:  The Sex Pistols, The
Clash, Green Day, Guns n Roses for starters.  Please correct me if I'm
wrong, but didn't The Ramones first UK tour lead to the Brit punk
explosion led by The Sex Pistols?

Jeff