A Styx-free zone

>Change. Thank God for punk & bands like the Ramones. Styx was making me
>cringe.

Styx? Aiiiieeee!

>80s got wimpy - but I loved The Smiths. Did anyone else?

Yes; I like Morrissey solo too.

>Drew,   I join in your yipee.  Perhaps Schrade would like to play the
>part of the "most cynical" :-)

Jeff:

I think Mike gets to play that role.

>thought he was just working on Scoop 3.  Do you think that was a cover
>story to keep expectations low?

How long does it take to pick demos? Give me the job; I'd have the thing out
in a month or two, and that's with me unfamiliar with the material (I
presume). And we'll get Scoop 4-10 also.

>I've mellowed.  ML has mellowed.

Kevin:

Actually, I think the reverse is happening. I can't abide James Taylor or
Jim Croce or Joni Mitchell (OK, I never liked her) anymore...I used to be
able to sort of enjoy them...ditto with most of what's called Classic Rock,
like Bob Seger or Phil Collins etc. etc. Jimmy Buffett...yech! Joan Baez is
like a drill to my brain. All of which is from my era, so to speak. I do
believe it has to do with being a Who fan. It has conditioned me to want
more power in my music.

>I believe ML had a question for you a few days ago.  What was that ML?
>Something about going to a show in 1973?

Just wondering if Stu made it to that infamous Capitol Center show the KBFH
Quad came from.

>New age guitar has it's place.

Keets:

Sure, we all have a trash bin. At least I hope we all do...
I did like Michael Hedges for about five minutes, but it's way too freakin'
mellow for me. Give me Pete, Pete, and more Pete.

"I would have to ask the questioner. I haven't had a chance
    to ask the questioners the question they've been questioning."
            President-reject George "I know what I mean" Bush

                      Cheers                             ML