Keep On Working

We were discussing a while back why Pete decided to press on with
The WHO after Keith died in 1978, & while listening to some "stuff"
I hadn't listened to in a while, I came across this comment by Pete on
the EYE FOR AN I interview album that came out in 1989.

Pete states:

    And sometimes the individual gets so lost....you know, he's
    just sort of sitting there in the middle of it saying, you know,
    "I want, I want, I want...."  And that, what I really wanted,
    is, I think I wanted to stop working with The WHO.  I felt
    that, you know, The WHO was a dead duck.  And....then
    I carried on when Keith died because of, directly as a result
    of, drug & alcohol abuse.  Instead of taking that message &
    stopping, in a sense, I received it as a challenge; it was al-
    most like, you know, life must go on.  We *must* go on.
    And, uh, I ended up almost becoming a victim of the same
    problem.

- SCHRADE in Akron