RE: #3 and Keith

>From: "Scott Routsong" <thewho@surfsouth.com>
>Subject: Be Nice!
>The man died doing something he loved.

True, and I don't think anyone means any disrespect.  It's just the whole
culture of NASCAR.  I mean, these guys are driving cars at high speeds
around a track, and the public at large is just waiting for the wreck.  Be
honest.  It's the big crash you all want to see.  And then when it happens
and a death occurs everyone get's all upset.  If this guy was so loved, why
encourage him and others (like his son!) to take such an outrageous risk.

>In addition, please remember, the man
>DIED.....meaning, he left family and friends.

My point exactly.  Now, let's watch while his son seeks the same fate.

>Ya'll be nice!

Ok. (big sigh)

>From: Jeff House <jjthandmeh@juno.com>
>Subject: The Who sound
>
>keets  "Assuming Moon hadn't died, how would The Who sound now?
>
>Two possibilities:
>
>1 - Silent.

Hmmmm, thought I read somewhere that Keith was close to getting "the boot".

>2 - Exactly the same as it is now, with a wasted Keith playing cowbell
>and singing falsetto harmony.  He would look much like some of the other
>semi-brain dead old guys out on the road now  <Brian Wilson and Jan &
>Dean>.

I'm of the school of thought that Keith (or any substance abuser) could have
gotten himself dried out and back on track.  It would have been one or the
other.  I mean, death or sobriety.  I can't imagine Keith hanging on.  If he
continued to drink and drug, he would have gone all the way to an untimely
death.
If he hadn't died, he would have gotten back into drumming shape, and The
Who would have gone on to be more successful then they are.

That and three cents gets you a nickel
Kevin in VT