Death

>Furthermore, as a drummer, I can tell you that my sense of loss =
>concerning the passing of Earnhardt is similar (but not as intense) as =
>the passing of Moon. So, please stop the Earnhardt bashing.

Scott:

No one bashed Earnhart, just the diehard fans who have taken it way beyond
its meaning. It's a much bigger event than Moon's death, undeservedly so
because he was just a driver, not someone whose music had moved people. Not
someone who created a form of performance no one had ever done before.
Sports just are not on the same level as music.
As I said the man was driving at 200 MPH in a pack of cars...that's asking
for it! Moon certainly asked for it many times, but not the actual time he
died (making his death as ironic as Stevie Ray Vaughan's, who had come clean
only to die in a plane crash). Earnhart just died as many have died doing
the same thing...it's hard for me to muster any sympathy.
If Moon fans made this big a deal about his death, I'd feel the same way.
And let's not forget, when John Lennon died they didn't make this big a deal
out of it. The only times I can remember that come close are Kennedy and
Martin Luther King's death. And there's something inherently wrong with a
car driver being treated on that level. At least to my mind.
So you shouldn't feel personally insulted, if you're not one of those guys
who think this death meant anything more than you'll get no more races out
of the man...he changed nothing in society, he contributed nothing but
entertainment, the world is the same without him. That's the bottom line.
Moon's death deprived the world of great and moving Art.

          "You teach a child to read, and he or her
                will be able to pass a literacy test.''
                     George "but I can't" Bush

               Cheers                 ML