Re: Dale; Grammy cracks

>I think Entwistle went because it was like the least they could do. I mean,
>they should have sent Keith, you know? I can see the guy still standing
>there..."Keith Moon should be arriving any minute, folks, to pick up his
>Grammy...in the meantime, here's TwoPac and Freddie Mercury singing My
>Bitches Is Down."

Now, now.  I hope that's sarcasm.

It's what I was getting at with the off-the-wall comment.  If they're
pleased about something, they send Pete, who chirps happy things and shakes
hands and makes friends all around.  If they're not especially interested,
they send John, who stalks and glowers and nobody can figure out how to
approach at all.  Roger's the intermediate choice, of course, as he can play
it either way.  Looks like this award got demoted from intermediate to not
especially interested during the course of the relationship.

Also, I think maybe John likes to fish in Baja.  ;)

> > A little niche in history.  So you gets custody, do you suppose?  John?
>
>Yeah, I can see the headlines now: "Classic Rock band The Who nix recording
>new album due to conflicts over who received custody of Grammy statue. In a
>typical move, guitarist and songwriter Pete Townsend (sic) smashed the
>statue against singer Roger Daltry's (sic) head."

I know!  John Entwhistle (sic) will add the lovely award to the gold record
stash he uses for skeet shooting.

keets